We appreciate looking for representation can be a very demoralising process. If it is of any comfort, 99.9% of the actors we have to say we cannot help, are turned down because we think we are not right for them or they clash with a current client and not because we have any doubts about their talent.
If your heart is sinking looking at the amount of information we have put on this page to help you, or you intend sending us a 'cut and paste' message that you have sent to everyone, then I am afraid we are not the right agent for you.
Mrs Jordan Associates has chosen to represent a small client list. To minimise potential frustration and to increase your chances, we ask you to observe the following guidelines:
- We would not represent anyone we have not seen work. You must either have a showreel or be inviting us to see you perform.
- However we always meet with potential clients for an informal discussion before we commit to coming along to a show.
- Only contact us by email: email@example.com Please do not write in or send hard copy photographs, showreels and CV's
- Just send us your Spotlight link and a short message about yourself. No attachments or long biographies please.
- Do not email us massive files, flyers, photos, clips. It quickly clogs up our mailbox and to be blunt it means we have to 'clear you out' quickly.
- Please do not write the same message to every email address you can find for us. There is no point, it makes you look daft and it drives us nuts.
- Make sure you include your telephone number, remember your Spotlight link does not have it.
- You do not need to follow up your email with a telephone call. If you get our automated reply to your first message, we have your details and will be looking at them. This may take some time.
- Please do not bother with a lot of hollow flattery about how wonderful we are, we already know!
- We strongly recommend you keep a spreadsheet of who you have written to and when. Receiving several applications in a month shows us that you are not focussed on what you are doing.
- We are invited to drama school showcases, so there is no need for students to duplicate this with their own invitations.However see below.
We are happy to hear from new applicants. However, we are seeking only the highest calibre, experienced actors/actresses with strong CV's (which must match their age). Clearly we do not expect graduates to have an extensive CV. As you will see with our client list we are particularly drawn to strong 'types'. Applicants must have TV/Theatre credits from 2015/2016 and be current members of Spotlight.
We have clients based in London, Manchester, Liverpool and across the country and in Europe. We do hold potential client meetings both in and outside of London.
Please note when we agree to meet people, we usually arrange a special session on a Saturday. We think it is unfair to our clients to invite people to 'pop in' during the working week as it distracts us from our prime purpose.
Graduates: We are happy to hear from graduates, however we are not a 'scoop them up/drop them' kind of an agency. We only take on 2 or 3 maximum per year as we think it is important that we invest a considerable amount of effort into 'launching' them. Those we have taken on recently have been those who have started a dialogue with us several months before they graduate. If you are writing to us a few weeks before your final show you have probably left it too late for us to consider you or fit you in.
Try not to get down-hearted by the rejections you receive. It is ghastly but unfortunately a prominent part of a life as an actor. We do promise we will look at every application very carefully and this may take some time.
(Please note several applicants have had their emails to us 'bounce' because they are spelling the word 'Jordan' incorrectly.)
Sean & Guy